Khmelnitskyy region is located in the western part of Ukraine, it was founded in Sept. 22, 1937 and before January 4 was called Kamenets-Podolsky region. The region occupies the area of 20.6 thousand square km or 3.4% of Ukrainian territory. The length of the Khmelnitskyy region from north to south is 220 km, from west to east - 120 km.
The administrative division of Khmelnitskyy region: 20 administrative districts, 13 cities, including 6 cities of regional subordination (Khmelnitskyy, Kamenets-Podolsky, Shepetovka, Slavuta, Netishyn, Starokostiantyniv), 24 urban villages and 1417 rural settlements. The administrative center is the city of Khmelnitsky.
The population of the region is about 1.4 million people or 3% of the population of Ukraine, including the urban population – 52.6%, rural – 47.4%. The share of Ukrainians in the national structure of Khmelnitskyy region reaches 90% in most areas the share of Ukrainians is much higher, and some even close to 100%. The second-largest nationality is Russians (about 6%), who live mainly in large cities. The other nationalities are Poles and Byelorussians, Jews, Moldavians, Romanians, Armenians and others.
Khmelnitskyy region is famous for its historical, cultural and architectural monuments. There are 473 works of art, 2442 monuments of history, 105 – of archaeology, 230 monuments of national importance, of which 104 - recommended for protection.
Attractions of Khmelnitskyy region:
The National Historical and Architectural Reserve (Old Town and castle) in Kamenets-Podolsky enters the UNESCO list of international heritage.
- Medzhybizh fortress, the witness of the confrontation between the Ukrainians and the Polish gentry. In the courtyard of the fortress archaeologists found a stone outpost of the XIV century, the remains of walls and buildings of ancient Russia, also on the territory of the fortress were found late Paleolithic tools, fragments of Tripoli culture (V century BC. E). However, the fortress still hides many secrets – according the legend in the underground passages of the fortress there are hidden golden carriage and a few wagons with silver.
- The grave of the founder of Hasidism, Baal Shem Tov, which is Mecca for religious pilgrims Hasidim.
- Karstic cave "Atlantis"
- The largest in Ukraine and Europe, National Park “Podil's'ki Tovry”- it’s the Crimean and Carpathian mountains at once. The forested mountains are the exact copy of the Carpathians, "naked" - very similar to the mountain pastures of Taurida. There's even a real barrier coral reef, 25 million years ago here was Sarmatian Sea. One can also see here the part of the wild steppe, which still exists only in Askania Nova.
- An old castle and the canyon of river Smotrich
- castles in Pyliava, Sataniv, Starokonstantinovka, Sutkivtsi,
- Resort “Satanel”, located in a picturesque corner of the ancient mountains Medobory,
- Palace and park ensemble in Samchyky and many others.
All rights reserved
Ukraine, Kiev: 01032, Symona Petliury st. 20, of.2
Tel. +38 (044) 2464477 / Tel. +38 (044) 5013228 / fax + 38 (044) 2354898
Ukraine, Lviv: Striyskaya st. 109, Road station- 2 floor
tel. +38 (0322) 640957 / phone-fax +38 (0322) 642675
Spain, Barcelona, bus station "Barcelona-Nord", hall "À", desk 29.
08013 Barcelona, Carrer d'Alí Bei, 80, tel. +34 696 07 99 49.
Travel agency, tourism, transportation, air tickets, travel, leisure, entertainment, abroad, flight, bus routes, tourism, transportation, air tickets, travel, leisure, entertainment, abroad, flight, bus routes